- Raising a firstborn too far away from home and in a culture so different from what Shrey and Naveesha have experienced their entire lives was scary for both of them.
- But the promotion Naveesha got with her years of hard work landed the couple in New York.
- It’s essential to choose a crib that meets the latest safety standards and guidelines set by regulatory agencies.
- A good quality crib will provide a safe and comfortable place for your baby to sleep, which will help them sleep longer and more soundly - Nothing more pleasurable for a parent!
- So, a BIG GOODBYE to back pain and discomfort.
- In the end… Shrey and Naveesha got lucky, and fortunately, it was just a scratch on Sara’s head, but we all know that with the tenderness of these tiny humans, you never would want to take any risk at all.
5 min read
New Parents Beware: Avoid These 4 Common Troubles by Choosing the Right Baby Furniture
Raising a firstborn too far away from home and in a culture so different from what Shrey and Naveesha have experienced their entire lives was scary for both of them. But the promotion Naveesha got with her years of hard work landed the couple in New York. The employee benefit programs for pregnant women and new mothers made her life smooth as a slope professionally, but raising a baby without the home remedies and ancient gyan of dadi and nani seemed like a big trouble for them.
Thanks to video calls and WhatsApp groups, the dadi and nani excitedly wrapped up all the parenting tips in audio notes as soon as they heard the big news, and that was a great help!
But the couple did not just rely on it, as those were tips that worked in their home country, India. To become acquainted with the New York way of parenting, they spent nine months skimming through parenting books collected from various streets throughout the city. And we won’t lie, they have a pretty good stock of these books now.
After the birth of their tiny baby girl, Sara, the couple was living their dream life. But one gloomy evening, Sara tossed over the railing of her crib & fell, hitting her head on the floor. It was just a scratch, but the pain Shrey and Naveesha felt that day was just unbearable. Had they known that the beautiful-looking crib they bought for their tiny munchkin had safety issues, they would have never gone for it.
But the lesson was learned, and Naveesha realized that every parent must know these 4 problems that can create trouble for a parent & their baby if they do not buy the right baby furniture! (She has specifically decided the order of the below pointers as her priorities were pretty straight - keeping her baby safe and happy- so just keep that in mind)
So, here we go with her list!
- The wrong: Babies are curious and love to explore, which means they can quickly get into dangerous situations if your home is not properly baby-proofed. The right furniture, such as a sturdy changing table, can help keep your baby safe and secure. To keep up with the cute vibes of your nursery, you can also explore Theme-based TBS changing tables, known for their nontoxic finish, smooth edges, and sturdiness, making them a perfect secure zone for your baby.
As a newborn spends 12 to 16 hours a day sleeping, the crib you choose for your baby must be the wisest decision you make during your entire parenting journey. Look out for these factors:
Safety Compliant with Multiple Quality Checks
Structure matters too
A good quality crib will provide a safe and comfortable place for your baby to sleep, which will help them sleep longer and more soundly - Nothing more pleasurable for a parent!
Spending time with your baby is one of the most rewarding parts of being a parent, but without the right furniture, it can be challenging. A comfortable rocking chair or glider, for example, can make it easier to bond with your baby and provide a relaxing space for feedings or snuggles.
One of the biggest challenges for new parents is constantly bending over to pick up and put down their baby. A changing table with the right height can be life-saving, (or, shall we say, back-saving) for changing your baby's diaper or massaging that soft skin without bending over too much. So, a BIG GOODBYE to back pain and discomfort.
Babies come with a lot of gear, from diapers to clothes to toys. Without the right storage solutions, it can be hard to keep everything organized and within reach when you need it.
Not just that, but there goes tripping over stuff lying on the floor and who knows where and how embarrassing you will land after the show is over. So, to avoid all the drama and awkwardness, make sure you do buy some storage units or if you are one of those creative heads, DIY is always an option. You can take a peek through our cute and spacious storage unit options for inspiration to get started.
In the end…
Shrey and Naveesha got lucky, and fortunately, it was just a scratch on Sara’s head, but we all know that with the tenderness of these tiny humans, you never would want to take any risk at all. So, don’t just go for any shiny-cute-as-rainbow-fancy baby furniture without giving safety a thought. And never compromise on buying must-have furniture for your little one because your tiny pumpkin deserves all the beautiful things in the world.
You must be wondering how we got to know this story, Well, Naveesha stumbled on our website while she was looking for some baby furniture, and when she returned to India with her 2-year-old daughter last week, she visited our store for some more, and we had a nice coffee date. We must tell you - Sara is just Aww-dorable.
Love & Power to all the Parents!